Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Young Earth

Hello.

Why I named my blog www.indefenseofayoungearth.com is because I love Creation it is so amazing to learn about why the world wasn't made millions of years ago and and about animals how they stay alive in a certain place that most animals would die at so I am going to tell you some stuff in defense of a young earth. I am going to explain this in a few different posts so you may have to wait a week before I finish something from the week before. I am going to tell you some stuff from a book called The Young Earth Past Present and Future by John Morris
. How many times have you opened a newspaper and read an article describing the discovery of a new fossil, Archeological find, or underground fault? After describing the nature of discovery, the article explains how Scientist are so thrilled with its confirmation of evolutionary theory. an age, is is reported perhaps millions or even billions of years. No questions are raised concerning the accuracy of the date, and the readers are lead to feel they have no reason to qeustion it either. Did you ever wonder how scientist got that date? How do they know with certainty that something happened so long ago? It is almost as if rocks and fossils talk, or come with labels on them how old they are and how they were fossilized.
As an earth scientist, one who studies rocks and fossils, I will let you in on a little secret. My geologic colleagues may not like me to admit this, but rocks don't talk!! Nor do they come with explanatory labels. I have lots of rocks in my own personal collection, and there are many more in the ICR museum. These rocks are well cared for and much appreciated. I never did have a " pet rock " but I do have some favorites. I have spent many hours Collecting, Cataloging, and cleaning them. Some I even polished and displayed.
But what would happen if I asked my favorite rock, Rock how old are you? Fossil how did you get that way? You know what would happen? Nothing! Rocks do not talk! They do not talk to me, And I strongly suspect they do not talk to my evolutionary colleagues either! So where do the dates and histories come from?
They say carbon dating works but how do they know it works? how do they know it tells the truth about the years? there just guessing. Hey ya'll next week I'll finish telling you the stuff in defense of a young earth next week I will tell you all of the thing you'll want to hear.
Disclosure: The things in red are from the book and the things in black are from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment